Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Weekend Recap | Metro Detroit Edition

Another weekend spent in Metro Detroit is in the books. As always, it was jammed packed and we got to see all of our favorite East side people :)

We spent Friday night catching up with friends and drinking. We had an awesome time playing the "Ronald Reagan" game and cheers-ing to Gordie Howe and Muhammad Ali. We even stayed the night and Duke did great! I never know how he's going to react being in a new-ish environment for a longer period of time, but he was fine.

On Saturday we headed over to Thomas' cousin's house for his annual Flag Day party. They have an awesome pool and it was definitely utilized seeing as it was over 90 degrees! We also admired the bar Matt made, how sweet is that?!


That evening we headed to another party where we enjoyed the company, playing with the kids, checking out the stars, and the bonfire!
I was so hungry by the time we left that I made a late night Taco Bell run. Of course I had to share it with Duke, because how can you say no to that face?! ;)
Sunday arrived rather quickly and we were off to pick up Thomas' grandma for mass. After mass ended we stopped by Red Olive for breakfast and headed back to the house. The guys hung out for a while before Thomas' cousin's baby shower began and 40+ women showed up! The shower was wonderful and it was great catching up with his cousins and aunts.
Once my MIL and I got back from the shower Thomas dropped me off at my grandparents and then hit the road. I stayed in town through Tuesday for a job interview! I got to spend a lot of quality time with my grandparents and even met up with my childhood girlfriends for dinner at Black Rock. It was a great weekend and we're grateful that we got to see so many of our favorite people :)

No comments :

Post a Comment