For years I've enjoyed watching monthly favorite videos on YouTube. It's where I get the majority of my recommendations from. So I thought I'd start compiling a list of items that I'm loving every month.
Food and Drink
- Apple Cider: the one fall craze I jump on board with. Forget PSL; give me a cold glass of apple cider and I'm a happy camper. Random fact: 99% of the time I prefer cold drinks. The 1% is hot chocolate.
- Trader Joe's Balsamic Glaze: run, do not walk, to Trader Joe's and buy this stuff! It is worth way more than the $2.99 price tag and I put it on everything. Pizza, caprese salad, chicken, etc. Psst- you can even buy it on Amazon if you click that link ;)
- No Thai: our local Thai food joint is awesome. We've been there twice already since we moved to Ann Arbor and I have a feeling it'll be one of our favorites. Their chicken curry fried rice is bomb!
- Essie Gel Couture: I've mentioned my love for this before, but every time I paint my nails I'm blown away. I'm currently on day 9 and my nails are just now starting to show wear on the tips. I picked up The It Factor (a fall-ish pink color) at Meijer while grocery shopping this past weekend, meaning I now have five colors.
- Moroccan Oil Treatment: A few months ago my hair stylist used this after styling my hair and I've been hooked ever since. Mainly due to the scent, it smells divine!
- Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo: Again, I purchased this after hearing that it smells just like the oil treatment (it does!) and I've been impressed so far. I was using Batise for Brunettes and while it worked well I couldn't stand the scent.
- Bite Beauty Lipstick: I'm not really a lipstick kind of girl, but when I got my make-up done at Sephora for our anniversary pictures the make-up artist used Fig and I was impressed with how comfortable and long wearing it was. So I bought it #duh I've since purchased a lighter shade, Sugarcane, and I like them both.
- Command Strips: Every renters dream. An easy way to decorate walls without the hassle of making holes and then having to patch said holes. Oh and we use them to keep our cabinets closed, because we have a certain dog that likes to open them.
- Oxo Shower Caddy: When we moved into our apartment (and went from having one shower to two..) we got this shower caddy. The thing I love the most about it is that I can fit my jumbo bottles of shampoo and conditioner and that it holds a lot of products in general.
- Post-its: I've have never used as many Post-its in my life as I have this first month as a SLP. They're all over my desk, in my planner, and in my bag. They're great for writing down quick notes or reminders and then tossing once they've served their purpose.
- PaperMate X-Tend pens: My favorite pens e-v-e-r. The only place I can find them is Amazon so I've stock piled them. I keep a handful at my desk, in my work bag, in my purse, and in our home office. Ordering in bulk is the best!
- Erin Condren Teacher Planner: This planner has been a lifesaver this past month. I use it to schedule all of my meetings and to lesson plan. My district uses a different form for attendance and data recording so I don't have to worry about those. I plan to write a full review/how I use it soon.
- TeachersPayTeachers: I discovered this goldmine last year while I was in grad school and I can't even express how much it has helped a new speechie like me. I've found fun activities my students love, no-prep activities that have saved my butt countless of times, and I like supporting SLPs.
- Shameless: T started watching Shameless on Netflix a few weeks ago and then I got sucked in. It features a crazy dysfunctional family that makes you feel grateful for your dysfunctional family :)
- Football: When we're home during the weekend football is on our TV. College or NFL, it doesn't matter. I've been super impressed with my Patriots still kicking butt even without Tom Brady (or their second string QB)!
- Pinterest: Am I the only one that goes in waves with using this site? I can go months without visiting the site once and then other times I stay up way past my bedtime pinning. I think booking three trips for next year is to blame ;)
- Hunter Tour Boots: My in-laws got me these for my birthday and I love them! I've had the Original Hunter boots for years, but they always felt so heavy and stiff. The Tour version is the complete opposite, light and flexible. I also love that they can be folded and therefore are travel friendly. I recommend Tour over Original any day!
- Tieks: Now that I've had these for a month and worn them excessively I can say they are worth the price tag 100%. I plan on writing a full review soon, but let me just say this- they're so good that I'm already saving up to buy my next pair! Treat yo'self and get a pair ;)
- Kendra Scott: KS jewelry is really the only jewelry I ever wear anymore. The quality is great and they're classic pieces. My most worn pieces are the Dani earrings, Elisa necklace, and Rae necklace.
- Detroit Tigers Hat: Lately, I've become a fan of baseball caps again. They're perfect for weekend errands when I don't want to do anything with my hair. Or when it's rainy. While the white version is a nightmare to keep clean, it matches everything.
So there you have it; a few things that I'm loving this month! I'd love to know what has been on your favorites list this month?