Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Tour Guide Round Two

On Monday it was round two of playing tour guide in our awesome city as my grandparents visited one final time before our move and brought my great-grandpa along with them! Actually, my 92 year old great-grandpa was the one who insisted on this trip seeing as my grandparents were just here.

Once they arrived in town we headed to Founder's for lunch. We all enjoyed our sandwiches and the boys enjoyed their beer! Next up on the itinerary was visiting the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. We spent roughly two hours walking around, learning all there is to publicly know about President Ford ;). Afterwards we took a break to check into their hotel and rest for a minute, before heading to dinner at The Mitten Brewing Co where we enjoyed a pizza flight! Six different pizzas and each one was delicious. We ended the evening with a walk to Rosa Parks Circle and froyo.

Tuesday morning started with breakfast at San Chez, the same place we went the last time they were in town! From there, and after a $20 parking ticket, we headed over to Eastown. We walked around, got more macarons, and a few GR souvenirs. Once Thomas got off work we met him at Fredrick Mejier Gardens and Sculptures. My grandpa and him decided they didn't want to do the gardens again so they went to a bar while my grandma and I walked around with my great-grandpa. We took the tram ride and boy is that slow moving! Lol We ended their trip with a late lunch at the Twisted Rooster.

I'm so glad they came to visit us again, especially since we won't be seeing them again for a while and since our living arrangements are still up in the air come July 18th. Now it's time to gear up for our next group of visitors this weekend for our GR Fireworks Party. Nine of our out-of-town friends are coming in for it and I know it's going to be a blast!




No comments :

Post a Comment