Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Favorite Fall Purchases

I'm going to let you in on a little secret- I love to shop. There are times when I wish that I didn't, but it's just who I am. Growing up I spent every Sunday shopping with my Grandma and those are some of my favorite memories of my childhood.

Anywho, over the last two months I've bought a few things for the new season as well as for my next step. Whether that step is grad school or a "big girl" job I needed some new pieces seeing as my nanny attire of yoga pants and hoodies won't work. I should mention that I have absolutely no fashion sense whatsoever and that I wore lounge clothes all throughout my undergrad. Which means my closet resembles that of a teenagers. So one step shopping trip at a time I'm adding pieces that are more age and "real world" appropriate.


* Now that Fall is here I need to trade in my flip flops for boots/closed toe shoes. I picked up these riding boots and booties from Kohls when I had a bunch of Kohls cash and I love both of them! I wore the riding boots the entire time we were in Chicago and they held up pretty well. Another great find at Kohls that I forgot to put in the collage are these Candies dress pants. Seeing as I haven't bought dress pants since high school {no I'm not kidding} these feel like a million bucks!

* A couple weekends ago American Eagle had a huge sale on their jeans + 25% off so I snatch up two pairs {Skinny in Clean Rinse and Jegging in Tinted Indigo} for only $35- you can't beat that! I've always wore AE jeans and they've never failed me, plus their super stretch material is so much more comfortable than regular jeans.

* While browsing the womens/juniors section at Target these Cable Knit Cardigans caught my eye. They're bulkier/warmer than any cardigans I own and they were BOGO so I picked up Navy and Dog Bone. Another thing that caught my eye while browsing was this dress in Navy. It's a thicker material and perfect for fall! I think it looks great with the booties as well.

* When my grandparents were in town we walked around the mall to kill time while Thomas was at an appointment and I couldn't resist the Mint Blue fleece at The North Face. I think they're professional enough to wear to work and they're extremely cozy, not to mention warm! And as a tip it's extremely important to wash these by themselves, in cold water, and air dry otherwise they get pilly/loose their softness.

* During the same trip my Grandma and I stopped at Bath & Body Works to take advantage of their 2 for $22 + 20% off sale. We each got two fall scented candles and I had to have the Black Cherry Merlot hand lotion as well {it seriously smells SO GOOD!}

What have you purchased recently for the new season or what are your favorite Fall items?


2 comments :

  1. So long story... but last week B&BW had their 2/22 candles. They sent me an email EVERY day and Sweater Weather (my favorite) was sold out online EVERY day I looked. So I decided to go in the store to find it... nope. None. They continued to send me emails and they were still sold out.. I was so upset. Saturday, my friend wanted to go look at their sale so I obliged and they must've JUST got a shipment in of Sweater Weather. It made my whole weekend. Love their scents and Fall soaps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first few times I burned Sweater Weather I wasn't too impressed- it was really strong, but now it's nice :) I'm glad you were able to find it though!

      Delete