Thursday, December 15, 2016

Midweek Ramblings + Recent Purchases

Using this picture again because it's my favorite :)

Ramblings
  • Work, work, work: has taken over my entire life lately, but I suppose that's what happens when you have 19 IEP meetings before Winter Break, 7 referrals to screen, and still need to meet your minimums. I was warned that this time of year gets a little crazy, but man this is CRAZY.
  • Tom Brady: is the winningest football quarterback of all time. He has been my favorite athlete since 2004, when I "chose" him since he was number 12 and he had played for Michigan. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to make a quick trip to Boston next year to see a game in Foxborough. It is one of my bucket list items and unfortunately I'm not sure how many seasons I have left!
  • Western Michigan Broncos: My Broncos are undefeated and going to the Cotton Bowl! When I was a student at Western the football team was awful. I'm talking 1-11 awful. But the tickets were free and the games were always a blast. They've come a long way and are giving Western the attention it deserves! It was a wonderful university #ROWTHEBOAT
  • Winter:  arrived fast and hard here in Michigan. We got 10 inches of snow over the weekend and now the temperature has dropped into the teens. Brrrr.

Purchases
  • Tieks: I just couldn't resist the limited edition Champagne color. They're going to be perfect for the holidays and any fancy event (weddings!) in the future.
  • PrAna hiking pants: I've started collecting items for our trip to Arizona next month and hiking pants were the most important. Thomas said leggings won't work, so I was determined to find a practical yet fashionable pair.
  • Nike Tanjun sneakers: I also picked these up for Arizona and I'm obsessed. They're cheap, fashionable, and so comfy! If you're looking for an everyday sneaker give these a try.
  • NARS Velvet Lip Glide: One of my purchases from the VIB sale and the Bound shade is the perfect fall/winter color for me. I'm not a big lip stick/gloss fan, but these are great.

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodnesssss!! That hat!! I love the picture of your pup! I cannot imagine what us Southerners would do with 10 inches of snow lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd imagine that they'd react the same way Portland, OR has to all their snow lately!!! Lol

      Delete