Monday, December 5, 2016

Weekend Recap | It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The most wonderful time of the year is officially here and we had a great weekend to kick it off!

Friday night we headed out with friends to Wixom for their "big" Holiday Festival... It was a little lackluster, but we still had a good time checking out all of the booths. Once we had had enough of the festival, we grabbed dinner at Wixom Station and then ended the night at Drafting Table Brewing Company where we watched my Western Michigan Broncos win the MAC Championship! ROW THE BOAT!
We spent Saturday evening with Thomas' parents and had a great time. This year we decided to gift our parents "activities with us" instead of typical gifts and I think we might make it a tradition. We started the evening with dinner at ROAK Brewing Company, where we had delicious pizza and Thomas enjoyed a beer flight.

Next up was Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo, which was awesome! It was our first time going and we loved it. I could see it becoming a tradition.

Later in the evening we met up with some friends for a surprise birthday party at a local Board Game Lounge. We had never been to one before and it was pretty unique! You pay hourly, they have thousands of games, and you can bring in your own booze/food/whatever. 
Thomas had to work on Sunday so I spent the day writing IEPs and cleaning the apartment... oh the joys of adulthood ;)

I have a crazy few weeks ahead at work so I have started counting down the days until Christmas Break.. FIFTEEN! I think I can, I think I can... Have a great week!

Linking up here.

No comments :

Post a Comment