Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Midweek Ramblings + Purchases

Ramblings
Job Hunt: Is FINALLY over!!! I have officially accepted an SLP position and we're moving to Ann Arbor in August. Everything happened so quickly and we haven't really had the time to process everything, but we're excited for a new adventure :)
Moving: As of Monday night we are technically "homeless" until August 6th, but we have some wonderful friends that are letting us crash with them for the mean time. On Sunday we drove 98% of our belongings to a storage unit in Ann Arbor. Due to how high the rent costs in AA, we're getting a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit, which means we need to downsize A LOT of our stuff! I'm on the verge of wanting to become a gypsy.
Vacations: One huge bonus about working within the public school system is the paid days off and we plan on taking full advantage of them this upcoming year! We have plans in the works for four trips: AZ/Grand Canyon, Texas, NYC, and PNW! I can't wait to travel frequently again :)
Anniversary Pictures: I'm giving a little preview at the top of this post, but we got our anniversary photos back and they are amazing! I'm so glad we did them and Katie knocked them out of the park!

Purchases
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale: I purchased two new LUSH maxi dresses from Nordstrom. I already have two and live in them so it was a no brainer. I also purchased a new strapless bra, which was very overdue.
Sephora Play: I received my first Sephora Play box and I'm a fan. I think for $10/month it's a great way to try new products.
                        
Swim Coverup: I came across this coverup while browsing at Marshall's today and had to scoop it up, because it's adorable! Not to mention it's extremely light weight.

3 comments :

  1. Woohoo!!! For accepting a job, the search is now over!!! I accepted a job about two weeks ago as well, more details to come on the blog next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your anniversary pics are gorgeous! I love the blue dress that you're wearing. Good luck with the being "homeless" thing. I feel like everyone gets to deal with a little bit of that when they move but y'all will have a couple weeks. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete