Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Week in the Life | Second Semester Edition

The past five months have flown by at lightening speed. You blink and almost half a year has gone by! So what has happened since March? I'm a year older and a semester closer to graduation. Thomas had a successful emergency back surgery and has made the Dean's List each semester. We attended three weddings and countless other fun events. Life is good, really good. I'm going to do my best to become more active here, in posting and commenting, and I hope you stay along for the ride :)



First up I want to recap what life looked like during my second semester of grad school as it was different than the first (and will be different than the rest).

Monday & Friday | Mondays and Fridays were spent in class, from 8:30am until 4:20pm. For the first 6 weeks the classes were Voice Disorders and Aphasia and for the last 6 weeks they were Fluency and Autism/AAC. This semester was tough workload wise due to the 6 week semesters, but we all made it through!

Tuesday - Thursday | My clinical placement this semester was at a summer program through Comprehensive Therapy Center and it was such a great experience. It was my first experience directly working with children with disabilities (Down Syndrome, ASD, etc) and I learned so much. While I still want to work with adults post-graduation I will never forget these kiddos and the tools I learned through this placement.

Life wasn't all about exams and lesson plans this semester. The women in my cohort spent a lot of time together outside of class enjoying the beautiful weather and letting off some steam :) We enjoyed the Mimosa bar once we finished our last final of the semester!

Onto the next one... my final semester of classes and a clinical placement that is at the public elementary school a few blocks from my house! April 2016 will be here before I know it.


No comments :

Post a Comment