Thursday, January 19, 2017

Winter Break Recap | Week One

Let me tell you there is nothing better than working for the public school system. You just can't beat the schedule (...unless you get paid to travel for a living! #goals). I had seventeen days off for Winter Break. SEVENTEEN! So here's a little recap of what I did during the first half of that break...
Wigilia 2017 | Thomas' family is Polish and they celebrate the traditional Wigilia every year. Every year we look forward to this event. We can't believe that this year was my tenth time attending!
Christmas | We celebrated another amazing Christmas with both of our families. We squeezed in a lot of family time, which was wonderful.
Night in Downtown Detroit | We celebrated the holidays with my group of childhood friends by eating dinner at Bobcat Bonnies in Corktown and then heading to Campus Martius to ice skate. The weather was perfect and it was such a fun night. I'd love to go again before winter is over.
Late Nights | Quite a few games of Play Nine were played...
Great Lake Invitational | My brother and I headed to The Joe one last time for the Michigan college hockey tournament that we went to frequently growing up. I'm excited for the new arena, but The Joe holds a lot of childhood memories for us.

So that was week one of my Winter break. Week two took us to Arizona!

No comments :

Post a Comment