Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Travel | San Diego, CA

Over Spring Break 2011 my family went to San Diego, CA. It was our last trip just the four of us and a much needed break while Thomas was deployed to Afghanistan.

For as long as I can remember I've wanted to visit California. My girlfriends and I used to say that once we graduated high school we were going to drive a Volkswagen bus down to Cali and learn how to surf. That obviously never happened, but it was fun dreaming. In some ways California lived up to my expectations, but in other ways I felt let down. I couldn't believe how crowded it was or how expensive it was. Ok, back to our trip..

While we were in San Diego we spent a lot of time walking the beach, went whale watching, kayaked  in the Pacific Ocean in La Jolla!, visited the San Diego Zoo and the La Jolla aquarium, and toured the USS Midway. My two favorite parts were seeing pandas for the first time in person at the zoo and kayaking in La Jolla!




No comments :

Post a Comment