Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekend Highlights

Who could use another weekend after this weekend? I certainly could! It's only Monday and I'm already pooped. Only four more days to get through, but first here's a look at a few weekend highlights.
On Friday I finally received my national boards exam score and I PASSED!! Now there are only two things left on my checklist; portfolio and graduation!!


Of course this meant a celebration was in order! We started out at Slows BarBQ with a group of friends and then headed to Founders Brewery. Slows' mac-n-cheese is unbeatable and Founders' Brassworks BLT is my favorite sandwich in Grand Rapids, so I treated myself to both ;)
Saturday morning we headed to San Chez Bistro, one of our favorite breakfast joints, for a delicious breakfast. Apparently a lot of Michiganders agree, because San Chez was recently voted one of the best restaurants in the state!

Sunday consisted of the usual laundry, meal prep, and cleaning. We also whipped up a few dishes for our low key SuperBowl "party." During my downtime I read and finished Me Before You. I downloaded it on Friday after seeing the movie trailer. Oh the emotions... I don't think a book has made me cry like that in a long time. But it was a great book and I'll be dragging Thomas to the theater in June.
The guys came over to watch the game and I was thoroughly unimpressed with the whole thing. Boring game, lackluster commercials, awful halftime show... I headed to bed before it was even over! Now the countdown is on to Friday evening.

6 comments :

  1. Congrats on passing your exams! :)

    Tubing looks & sounds like so much fun!

    I hope you have a great week! :)

    Amy @ http://befilledwithj0y.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh love finding other Michigan bloggers!! I am dying to get up to GR and try Slows! Congrats on passing your exam, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we lived in Metro Detroit we were introduced to Slows and loved everything about it, except the hour+ wait times. Grand Rapids' Slows is way more efficient and just as yummy :)

      Delete
  3. DANG IT!!!! I was really hoping we found out our scores right away!! :( How hard was it??? I take mine on April 8th! I know all my pediatric stuff for the most part, the adult stuff is what is so hard for me! I do not know how to study for the anatomy section!!! If you have any tips at all you should send me an email!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a couple of classmates take the test after me and they were given their raw scores right away, which then they used those to figure out if they've passed! It definitely wasn't easy, but it was easier than I expected! I only intensely studied for the 2 weeks prior. For geriatric I'd really focus on the different Aphasia types and cognitive disorders. Anatomy is only used in reference, like background knowledge in order to answer the question correctly. I don't think there were any questions that had a diagram and said "label this" or where is this located. I went through the comprehensive book (the purple & yellow one) from cover to cover and the rest of my time was taking practice tests. I purchased the one from ETS and then was given the others through my school. I believe that the purple & yellow book comes with online practice exams as well! I think the practice tests were significantly more difficult than the actual exam! If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask :)

      Delete
  4. Also...did you take practice tests???? If so, which ones did you take?

    ReplyDelete