Thursday, January 14, 2016

New Years Eve 2015

This year we decided to do something different for NYE. Typically we attend a house party of some sort, but this year we decided to purchase tickets to a 1920's Bootlegger themed party that was hosted at a local restaurant in downtown Grand Rapids! Thomas' cousins were visiting from the East side of the state and we thought we'd try something new ;)

             
While we had a great time it wasn't exactly what we expected it to be. There was no dance area so we were stuck sitting at our table for 4+ hours, the gift cards we received couldn't be used until the following week which made them useless to our out of town guests, and only half of the attendees had dressed up according to the theme. Not to mention there was a very important football game going on that didn't go as planned..

So I think next year we'll plan a themed house party, because we loved dressing up & I thought that was the best part! Which is shocking, because I've always scrunched my nose at any kind of dressing up. I guess the key is to find pieces that you would wear again so that you aren't feeling like you're wasting money. I loved the top I found for this party, even though it took 3 hours at the mall searching, and know it'll become a staple in my wardrobe! Times are changing ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment