Monday, November 7, 2016

Weekend Recap | Book of Mormon, UMich Football, Beautiful Weather

This past weekend was one for the books! Friday night we headed over to Detroit with our first stop being dinner at Slows To-Go. T and I shared The Deuce combo and mac-n-cheese sides. From there we made our way to The Fisher Theatre where we saw The Book of Mormon, which was excellent! Very vulgar, but also hilarious. It was T's first Broadway show and I'm glad he enjoyed it. Once the show was over we had quite the adventure getting the car out of the parking garage, but eventually we were on our way. We grabbed drinks and an appetizer at The Rustic Crow, which were delicious, before calling it a night.


We were up and at 'em early Saturday morning. We met up with my brother and his girlfriend and then headed to The Big House. We spent a few hours tailgating and believe it or not, it was my first time! My brothers friends set up was insane. I'm talking satellites, generators, concert grade speakers,  amazing food, etc. And they couldn't have been more welcoming. A high school teacher stopped by and spent an hour catching up, which was awesome.
Then it was time to head into the arena and let me tell you, being in the same place as 110,000+ people is incredible. There's nothing like it. But let me tell you those cramped seats get very uncomfortable after a while.
We ended the weekend with the usual Sunday activities: laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning. Duke and I did venture out for a nice long walk though and the weather was amazing. 66 degrees and sunny! In November!

No comments :

Post a Comment